*UPDATED* I’m sad to report that Oscar de la Renta has died, aged 82 (October 21, 2014). Thanks for the fabulous designs, Oscar. You were one of my absolute favourites. Read my tribute here. Natasha xx
LUSCIOUS LIBRARY: Assouline have published a fabulous update to the popular 2002 book about legendary fashion and homewares designer Oscar de la Renta, The Style, Inspiration, and Life of Oscar de la Renta. Take a look…
With over 200 pages, it contains 160 illustrations and photos, including:
Here’s the official blurb:
Oscar de la Renta is one of the most celebrated couturiers in the world, a renaissance man of American fashion.
Born in the Dominican Republic, he has played a central role in the fashion scene for over forty years and has dressed everyone in the celebrity world.
This beautifully updated edition of the original 2002 volume, brimming with iconic fashion photography and images from de la Renta’s personal albums, gives an inside view of the designer’s creative inspirations and private world.
Oscar is the story of a man whose artistic, generous spirit transcends his fashion creations.
See more from Oscar de la Renta here:
- scar de la Renta retrospective: The man and his brand
- Oscar de la Renta Fall 2013 RTW collection
- Oscar de la Renta Spring 2014 RTW Collection
- Oscar De La Renta Fall 2014 RTW Collection
- Oscar de la Renta Resort 2014 collection
- WISHLIST: Oscar de la Renta
- Oscar and Annette de la Renta at home in Manhattan
- Oscar and Annette de la Renta at home in Connecticut
- Oscar and Annette de la Renta at home in the Dominican Republic
- Oscar de la Renta’s Tortuga Bay Hotel in the Dominican Republic
- BOOK TO BUY: The Style, Inspiration, and Life of Oscar de la Renta by Assouline
You might also like:
Don’t forget to check out the new LUSCIOUS SHOP for men’s and women’s fashion, kids, homewares, gifts and themed pages for beach and countryside lusciousness. Follow Luscious on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Google+ and Twitter here.