Here’s our incredibly popular Luscious Libraries photo gallery…
Despite the rise of digital books, nothing can replace the joy of reading in a room surrounded by printed books. And whether you have a whole room to dedicate, or just a nook in the corner of an existing room, the key is to incorporate a comfy chair, a good reading light, and some peaceful decor.
For our library at Chez Luscious, I go a bit overboard and have our books organised by genre and specific subject (the founder of the Dewy Decimal System would be so proud), as well as a couch, arm chair, coffee table and lamp.
Here’s a pic of the couch area which has a yellow, gold, white and brown colour scheme:
If you’re inspired by the images from our photo gallery, you might also enjoy these links:
- Libraries (Wikipedia)
- The Libraries, Studies, and Writing Rooms of 15 Famous Men (The Art of Manliness)
- Famous libraries (The Gentleman Scholar)
- 20 of the World’s Most Famous Libraries (Top Design Mag)
Some library ideas here:
Be sure to check out our Luscious books and libraries board on Pinterest too.
And you might like these related galleries via our Facebook albums page:
- Jeanne Lanvin’s private library
- Beautiful books
- Workshops, offices, studio and craft rooms
- Home organisation inspiration