UPDATED: The royal baby has been named George Alexander Louis. Read a quick history of the three names here.
Meet the royal baby! Prince William and Kate Middleton, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, left St Mary’s hospital in London today, with the newest royal baby prince…
They drove to their home at Kensington Palace where they are expected to stay the night.
The baby was born at the Lindo Wing of St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington on Monday July 22, 2013, part of Imperial College London-St Mary’s Campus. Both Prince William and his brother Harry were also born. See more here.
Here’s what will happen next for the newest royal prince:
- Prince William will take the standard two weeks paternity leave from his job at the RAF’s search and rescue unit, returning to duty in North Wales after that. His three-year secondment to the RAF ends in a few months’ time, but his plans after that have not been announced. Kate will take maternity leave from her royal duties until further notice.
- The couple plan to take the newborn baby to a more private location than the palaces of central London for their first few weeks as parents. The palace has not revealed where, though some speculate it will be Balmoral Castle in Scotland, but other reports suggest they may stay with Kate’s parents in Bucklebury, Berkshire. See our related post about the Middleton’s home here.
- The new family will move to their currently-being-renovated apartment in Kensington Palace (expected to be ready around September), Apartment 1A, the six-bedroom flat formerly the home of Princess Margaret. They also have a new home (also due to be renovated) at Anmer Hall on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.
- Several weeks after the birth, the baby will be baptised, though plans have yet to be finalised as to a venue and date.
Vote for what you think the royal baby name should be in our ROYAL BABY NAME POLL.
Step back to when it all started, with these posts relating to their early lives, courtship and royal wedding, and Kate’s maternity style:
Easily re-pin these royal photos by foll0wing our Pinterest boards:
- Royalty: William and Kate
- SHOP THIS LOOK: Kate Middleton style
- Famous families: Queen Victoria through to India Hicks
Get into the spirit of baby-lusciousness with these shopping ideas:
And see even more on our photo gallery index page devoted to royalty.
See our other posts about childhood and sentimentality here: