I dreamt of owning a Louis Vuitton Vernis-style “Alma” bag in the “Rouge Fauviste” aka reddish-plum “vernis” style for many years. So it was indeed a wonderful and very special day when Mr Luscious presented me with one for a special ends-in-zero birthday…
Vernis is the glossy, patent leather, exterior fabrication used by Louis Vuitton across about 80 of their products, from coin purses, belts and umbrellas to shoes, handbags and suitcases. And the handheld Alma bag is inspired from a shape invented in the 1930s by Gaston Vuitton.
Personally, I’d love the Louis Vuitton “Pegase 45” in “Pomme D’Amour” suitcase, shown above, to add to my luscious collection.
Yes, they are incredibly expensive, but these are long-term investment pieces which wear well, look fabulous, and make you feel special every time you take it out – I’ve not had more “ooh and ahs” from any other item in my collection.
Fingers crossed that I get to enjoy more as future birthday presents!
Buy some autheticated pre-owned Louis Vuitton from Portero, or browse the selection here:
See some of our other Louis Vuitton photo galleries:
- Caroline Sieber with Speedy Bandoulière 2011 for Louis Vuitton
- Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere Bags 2011
- Limited Louis Vuitton Spring 2011 Shoe Collection
- Louis Vuitton Spring 2011 Jewelry Lookbook
- Louis Vuitton Fall Winter 2011-12 by Steven Meisel
- Louis Vuitton Women’s Fall Winter 2011-2012
- Louis Vuitton: Details from the FW 2011-12 collection
- Louis Vuitton boots from the Fall Winter 2011-2012 collection
- Louis Vuitton ‘Ailleurs’ Summer 2011 Collection
- Louis Vuitton: Spring Summer Cruise Resort campaigns
- Louis Vuitton Core Values campaign
- Louis Vuitton Resort 2012 shoe collection
- Louis Vuitton Spring 2012
- Voyage en capitale: Louis Vuitton and Paris
You might also like: