Iris Apfel by Bruce Weber
I’m so excited about the new Iris Apfel documentary by the late, great Albert Maysles.
As well as Iris, the film features Carl Apfel, Billy Apfel, Alexis, Bittar, Mickey Boardman, Linda Fargo, Tavi Gevinson, David Hoey, Naeem Khan, Harold Koda, Jenna Lyons, Duro Olowu, Margaret Russell, Dries Van Noten, and Bruce Weber.
More details about the production here.
Watch the trailer:
IRIS pairs legendary 87-year-old documentarian Albert Maysles with Iris Apfel, the quick-witted, flamboyantly dressed 93-year-old style maven who has had an outsized presence on the New York fashion scene for decades.
More than a fashion film, the documentary is a story about creativity and how, even in Iris’ dotage, a soaring free spirit continues to inspire.
IRIS portrays a singular woman whose enthusiasm for fashion, art and people are life’s sustenance and reminds us that dressing, and indeed life, is nothing but an experiment. Despite the abundance of glamour in her current life, she continues to embrace the values and work ethic established during a middle-class Queens upbringing during the Great Depression.
“I feel lucky to be working. If you’re lucky enough to do something you love, everything else follows.”
Revisit these related posts on Luscious:
- STYLE ICON: Iris Apfel
- FAMOUS FOLK AT HOME: Iris Apfel in Manhattan
- BOOK TO BUY: Rare Bird of Fashion: The Irreverent Iris Apfel by Eric Boman
- WISHLIST: Iris Apfel jewellery collection
- OVER 50 AND FABULOUS: Top women over 50
- OVER 50 AND FABULOUS: Fashion tips for stylish, older women
- OVER 50 AND FABULOUS: Ageing gracefully – Books and movies about living a luscious life after fifty
- OVER 50 AND FABULOUS: Tips for being luscious when you are fifty+
- LUSCIOUS AT THE MOVIES: Fashion documentaries and reality TV shows
Watch Martha Stewart interview Iris Apfel via this link or tiny version below:
Or check out these other Iris Apfel clips and interviews via YouTube.
And go shopping with the Iris Apfel HSN fashion collection.