LUSCIOUS TRAVEL: A look at the hotel designed and co-owned by fashion and homewares designer, Oscar de la Renta, at Tortuga Bay, part of the larger Puntacana resort in the Dominican Republic…
Tortuga Bay Hotel at Puntacana Resort & Club in the Dominican Republic, was designed by Oscar de la Renta, the chairman of the development company Grupo Punta Cana, and co-owned by singer Julio Iglesias and Oscar de la Renta.
The hotel, opened in 2006, is part of the larger Puntacana 26 square mile resort, which started being developed in 1969 a Dominican entrepreneur and a New York lawyer. See it on this map:
It is also the site of Oscar de la Renta’s first resort boutique, a 1000-square-foot store, the design of which is based on a seed house from George Washington’s Mount Vernon home, and made out of pale coral rock.
Located in a private enclave within the Puntacana resort, the 5-star boutique hotel includes suite accommodation and 13 luxurious beachfront villas:
Guests each have VIP service to and from the airport just 5 mins away, a personal concierge and golf cart, and can choose from a variety of activities, such as bicycling, kayaking and golf in luscious surroundings, or simply hang out on the sublime white beach or day spa.
Scroll through this gallery for more luscious images:
See our related posts:
- Oscar de la Renta: The man and the brand
- Oscar and Annette de la Renta at home in Manhattan
- Oscar and Annette de la Renta at home in Connecticut
- Oscar and Annette de la Renta at home in the Dominican Republic
- BOOK TO BUY: The Style, Inspiration, and Life of Oscar de la Renta by Assouline
You might also like:
See more on on our photo gallery index pages:
- Architecture and design: beautiful buildings, gardens and decor
- Take a trip: Luscious travel-related images, such as hotels, luggage and destinations