Have a peek into the world of style icon Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Bergé…
At home with Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Bergé
The city and country homes of legendary fashion designer, Yves Saint Laurent (1936-2008), and his partner, businessman Pierre Berge (1930- ), have both been sold and all contents auctioned off in February and November 2009 in record-setting proportions (raising 342.5 million euros from the Parisian items alone) but we can still take a look back in this photo gallery.
Saint Laurent and Berge also bought the Majorelle Garden, a twelve-acre botanical garden and artist’s landscape garden in Marrakech, Morocco, in 1980. Saint Laurent’s ashes were scattered at Villa Oasis, his private residence in the gardens, in 2008, and there is now a plaque to commemorate his passing. The gardens receive more than 600,000 visitors every year.
Our photographic collection includes both homes in Paris,and on the Normandy coast, in France, and antiques at the auction rooms. Specifically:
- 55 Rue de Babylone, in the seventh arrondissement in Paris
- Chateau Gabriel, 14910 Benerville-sur-Mer, Calvados, Lower Normandy, France
Further reading and viewing
- Yves Saint Laurent: His Life and Times and Yves Saint Laurent: 5 Avenue Marceau: This 2-part 2002 documentary by David Teboul, featuring YSL, Pierre Berge, Catherine Denveuve, Carla Bruni, Alex Wek, Laetitia Casta, Loulou de la Falaise Klossowski and Anne Marie Munoz
- L’Amour Fou (2011) featuring Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Berge, is directed by Pierre Thoretton looks at the life of YSL through the eyes of his longtime love and business partner, Pierre Berge.
- The Private World of Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Bergé by Robert Murphy
- Yves Saint Laurent: Style by by Foundation Pierre Berge
- Yves Saint Laurent by Florence Muller
- The Yves Saint Laurent-Pierre Berge Collection: The Sale of the Century by Christiane de Nicolay-Mazery (Editor) and Pierre Berge (Preface)
- Yves Saint Laurent (Memoirs) by Pierre Berge
- Paris 1962: Yves Saint Laurent and Dior, Christian Dior, The Early Collections by Jerry Schatzberg and Julia Morton
- Love by Yves Saint Laurent
- Yves Saint Laurent: 5 Avenue Marceau, 75116 Paris, France by David Teboul
- Yves Saint Laurent by Alice Rawsthorn
- Yves Saint Laurent Haute Couture: The Complete Works, 1962-2002 by Pierre Berge
- Debut: Yves Saint Laurent 1962 by Laurence Benaim
- Yves Saint Laurent: 40 Years of Creation by Yves Saint Laurent, Hady Sy, Beatrice Dupire and Marie-Joe
- Other Yves Saint Laurent items here
Share some of our photos on Facebook from Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Berge’s home in our luscious photo gallery.
See how the Yves Saint Laurent brand has developed with these more recent collections: