A Room with A View is a story about a young lady, Lucy Honeychurch, set in Italy and England in the repressed Edwardian era…
The book by E. M. Forster was published in 1908,and went onto celluloid acclaim with Academy Award nomination and worldwide popularity with the Merchant-Ivory produced an award-winning film adaptation in 1985 starring Helena Bonham-Carter, Julian Sands, Maggie Smith, Denholm Elliott, Judi Dench, Daniel Day-Lewis, Simon Callow and Rupert Graves.
I love the story, and especially the Merchant-Ivory film, for the romance, growth of the repressed character, the well-drawn support characters, and the locations in Florence and rural England. Learn more about this classic story here.
You might also be interested in these period-drama-related photo galleries:
- English Country House Weekend style of the 1910s-30s
- Films and TV shows set in the 1910s, 20s and 30s
- Edwardian frockage from the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York
- The Crawley sisters from Downton Abbey
- Downton Abbey
More photo galleries from films set in Italy:
- A Good Woman
- A Room with A View
- The Talented Mr Ripley
- Lady Hamilton and Lord Nelson: That Hamilton Woman
- Bernado Bertolucci: Stealing Beauty
- Life is Beautiful
Download the Kindle edition of “A Room with a View” by EM Forster, the print version here, or the 2-disk DVD starring Helena Bonham-Carter and Maggie Smith here.
Watch the 2006 TV version of “A Room with a View” in full:
You might also like:
- A Room With A View (book)
- A Room With A View (Kindle)
- A Room With A View (1985 movie)
- A Room With A View (2006 movie)